The Consultation and Research Institute in collaboration with CLS is currently conducting a human right-based and equity-focused situation analysis (SITAN) of education in Lebanon. The study is commissioned by UNICEF.
The Situation Analysis SITAN follows a human rights-based approach (HRBA). According to the HBRA, educational equity can be examined by looking at three complementary dimensions:
- The right of access to education,
- The right to quality education, and
- The right to respect in the learning environment.
The main objective of the study is to:
- Assess and analyse the realisation of children’s and adolescents’ right to education using quantitative and qualitative data from national statistics and previous studies;
- Promote the understanding of decision-makers and stakeholders of the current situation of education and causes of inequities;
- Create a reference document on education to contribute to national research and the developing of national plans and the formulation of legislations;