The Communication Officer supports the LAH and CLS teams in the overall social media activities of the project. LAH projects include developing history education in public and private schools in Lebanon and supporting a network of history educators. CLS activities include conducting research, community projects, organising conferences and seminars.
Main Job Tasks and Responsibilities
- To co-ordinate and monitor the presence of LAH and CLS activities on social media platforms, including the collection of information and imagery, preparing copy and posting.
- To create a strategy for the postings of LAH and CLS social media platforms ( content of postings, when to post, and how to increase followers)
- To develop and maintain relationships with journalists and media outlets.
- To assist with preparing media releases and implementing other communications activities as required
- To assist with preparing advertisements and announcements through email and social media
- To promote LAH and CLS activities including publications, lectures, research and events
- To develop diverse communication methods including multimedia, video , audio, online and print
Skills and Competencies
- Media Communication Skills including creative thinking, designing and implementing media strategy
- Dynamic attitude, multitasking skills and team player skills
- Organizational skills with attention to details and high professionalism
- 3 years’ experience in Media and Communication field with experience in social media platform management and media related tasks
- Creative writing skills and strong networking skills
- Fluent in Speaking, Reading, and Writing English and Arabic
Education and Qualifications
- Bachelor Degree in Marketing, Communication, Media, Business Administration or other relevant fields.
- Carries an interest in history, history education or in education in general.
Submission guidelines: Interested candidates can send their curriculum vitae to the following email address: email@example.com. Please note that the subject of the email should be “Communication Officer Job Vacancy”. The deadline for submission is on Sunday the 17th of September 2017.