Position: Full-time researcher (Junior/Senior)
Location: Lebanese American University Beirut
Period: One year with possibility of renewal
Salary: Depending on experience
Deadline for applications: 9 December 2016
Expected starting date: 3rd of January 2016
About the Centre for Lebanese Studies
The Centre for Lebanese Studies is an independent academic institution established in 1984 to undertake impartial and balanced research and contribute to Lebanon’s development. The Centre is affiliated to the Middle East Centre at St Antony’s College, University of Oxford and works rigorously in conducting research and organizing conferences that address key issues in Lebanon. The Centre opened an office in Lebanon in 2012 where it started to provide its consultancy services to various international and local organisations. Recently, the Center signed an agreement with Lebanese American University upon which the CLS in Lebanon is affiliated with LAU.
The Centre is looking to recruit at least one researcher to work on a number of research projects focusing mainly on education.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Participate in the development of research proposals
- Develop quantitative and qualitative research instruments
- Conduct focus group discussions and one-to-one interviews
- Analyse qualitative and quantitative data
- Conduct literature reviews
- Collect, organize and analyse data
- Write research reports
Essential: A Bachelor degree in social studies, political science, public health, education, or economics.
Preferable: A Masters degree in education, social studies, political science, public health, or other social sciences.
- Two years of experience in conducting research in any field of social sciences
- Experience in conducting focus groups and individual interviews
- Experience in conducting literature reviews
- Experience in analysing qualitative and quantitative data
- Experience in writing reports
- Experience in writing research proposals
- Has experience using SPSS and NVIVO soft ware.
- Experience in writing academic articles
- Experience in presenting at conferences
- Research experience with children and/or refugees
- Project management experience
- Excellent writing skills including writing research report, executive summaries and research proposals.
- Excellent analytical skills including synthesizing academic articles and drawing conclusions from literature reviews and research findings.
- Excellent interpersonal and oral communication skills.
- Excellent record keeping skills, a high degree of accuracy in work practices and a proven ability to pay close attention to detail.
- Excellent organisation skills
Excellent command of English and Arabic (oral and writing).
Please send a resume and a cover letter explaining how your skills and experience meet the requirements of the position on the following email: email@example.com.
CLS is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, national origin, political affiliation, religion, gender, disability, and/or sexual orientation.