The Project Assistant supports the Lebanese Association for History (LAH) and Centre for Lebanese Studies (CLS) teams in the overall projects planning and implementation. LAH projects include developing history education in public and private schools in Lebanon and supporting a network of history educators. CLS activities include conducting research, community projects, organising conferences and seminars.
This is a full-time vacancy. However, it is possible to recruit a part timer for 20 hours per week.
Main Job Tasks and Responsibilities
– Provide logistical and administrative support for all LAH and CLS activities.
– Organize and report on meetings.
– Organize logistics and purchase materials needed for the projects.
– Liaise with stakeholders including teachers, partners, suppliers, funders …
– Contribute to the dissemination of information about the organizations’ activities in the press, on Facebook and LAH and CLS’s websites.
– Support in financial record keeping and budget preparations.
– Provide any additional support as needed by the team.
Skills and Competencies
– Fluency in word processing, spreadsheets, and internet technology.
– Excellent writing skills and oral communication skills in English and Arabic.
– Knowledge of NGO/INGO work.
– Dynamic attitude, multitasking skills and team player skills. .
– Attention to details and high professionalism.
– Experience in project management and assistance.
– Media and communication skills with experience in social media platform management are desirable.
– Experience in managing websites is desirable.
– Financial management skills are desirable.
Education and Qualifications
– Bachelor Degree in Business Administration, Economics, Public Administration, media and other relevant fields.
– Background in education or history is desirable.
Education degree: Bachelor Degree Field of education: Bachelor Degree in Business Administration, Economics, Public Administration, media and other relevant fields. Background in education or history is desirable.